Now, many of you say that you "don't have time for breakfast," which I find hard to believe...all you need to do is wake up earlier! BUT I understand it can be hard at first. These egg white muffins are the perfect solution! You can make a bunch to last you a few days during the week, and all you need to do is heat them up in the microwave in the morning and eat them on your way out the door!
PAM Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1.5 cups egg white
2 cups raw spinach
1 yellow onion
1 cup raw asparagus
1 tbsp reduced fat mozzarella cheese (optional)
Hot sauce to taste if desired
Cooked Chicken (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop all veggies into small chunks. Add some PAM spray to frying pan and sauté peppers and onion. Saute for approx 5-7 minutes or until veggies begin to soften and lightly turn brown.
3. Add asparagus and spinach to the pan and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add one tbsp mozzarella cheese and mix around to melt (cheese is optional).
4. Pour egg whites into bowl and mix in the veggies.
5. Fill each muffin tin with the egg and veggie mixture. Be sure to leave a little room at the time as they rise
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked. To check if fully cooked stick a knife down the center of each muffin and it should come out clean
**You can add grilled chicken to each muffin if desired!!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serving size: 2 muffins
Fat: 2.7 grams
Carbs: 5.3 grams
Dietary fiber: 1.7 grams
Protein: 8.3 grams